Friday, February 13, 2015

Bob Hope's House is on the Market for $24,999 Million

Celebrity Homes in Palm Springs:
Want to take a trip down memory Lane in Palm Springs, California?  I sold Real Estate in Palm Springs for many years.   I had my own Boutique Real Estate Company, "Nix Realty" so I was fortunate to tour and meet some of the local Celebrities and see the inside of their homes.    Many have moved, died, many still live here, and some come to visit for "The Palm Springs Film Festival," each year.  You can drive by some of these, said to be, previous homes of the stars such as Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker.  They had a former home at 688 Verda Sur, Palm Springs and Kirk Douglas had a home at 515 Via Lola, Palm Springs.  You can go by the former Warner Brothers Estate at 1050 Cahuilla, Palm Springs. The four brothers  launched a studio in 1923.  Jack Warner had a heart attack , they say, and died there.

 Sidney Sheldon who wrote, "I dream of Jeanie," and many international bestsellers lived at 425 Via Lola and his neighbor was Winthroop Rockefeller who lived at 467 Via Lola.  He was the Governor of Arkansas.  If you remember  Spencer Tracy and Kathryn Hepburn they had a desert hideaway at 776 Mission.  George Hamilton in the late 70's had a home at 591 Patencio.  Once you could see his signature in the right side of the driveway.

 I love to look at the  Al Jolson home.  The star of the first talkie, "The Jazz Singer." It is at 570 Grand Via Valmonte.  I once went out to lunch with Kenneth Anger's the author of Hollywood Babylon, who also lived at the Estate.  Oh yes, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell had a vacation getaway home at 550 Via Lola.   So many more...Anyhow, just saying, there are lots of Celebrities that once lived in Palm Springs.  Oh yes, I do believe Leonardo DiCaprio just bought a home in the Palm Springs Area.  And I can't forget when I met Joseph Cotton in his home.  It was for sale and he was very sick.  His wife answered the door for my showing and told me that he would be in their bedroom.  As I walked into their bedroom he greeted me in a very fancy "Hollywood Smoking Jacket," and of course a nice pair of slacks.   He had all his make up on and was such a lovely man.  I didn't sell his home, but I sure did enjoy meeting him. Most people won't remember him, but I do as my Mother watched his black and white movies and talked about his films. My Dad would go out to the local Denny's with his friends and they would share a booth with him.  Good memories.  Of course Bob Hope had a home in Palm Springs  at Southridge.    It is now on the market for $24,999  Million.  It has 10 Bedrooms, 13 baths, 23,366 square feet, designed by John Lautner. And Don't forget, Barry Manilow, Liberace, Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley. Just to name a few.
* All properties are "Said to be" 



No comments:

Post a Comment